Safeguarding the Environment
The environment is at the heart of our business.
Our commitment to its protection extends throughout our organization to every business unit and to every community where we operate.
Good environmental performance is a key component of sound business performance—with many benefits for our customers, our partners, and our communities.
We help some of our nation's cities revitalize their water systems.
Every day, 40 to 130 gallons of water are used at home.
Respect for the environment is at the heart of United Water's philosophy and business strategy. You can read our Environmental Charter here.
We strive to:
- Meet or exceed all local, state, and federal environmental requirements
- Reduce discharges and enhance reuse and safe disposal practices
- Use all resources, materials, and energy efficiently
- Purchase sustainable goods and services
- Measure and report our environmental performance
- Demonstrate environmental leadership