About Your Water
United Water Idaho’s goal is to provide you with water that meets or surpasses all the standards for safe drinking water.
We use a combination of surface and groundwater.
- Approximately 70% of your water is supplied from 85 wells located throughout the Boise area.
- The remaining 30% of your water comes from two surface water treatment plants (Marden Water Treatment Plant and Columbia Water Treatment Plant) which treat water from the Boise River.
Health and safety standards are set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (IDEQ). Our United Water team works hard to provide you and your family with top quality water and premier service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
To ensure the safety of your water, we:
- Monitor before, during and after the treatment process; all of our sources of supply are monitored and tested regularly
- Sample and test water directly from the distribution system on a regular basis
Perform over 120 tests for bacteria every month
- Analyze for inorganic chemicals, heavy metals, volatile organic chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and radionuclides
- Discontinue use of the water source until we are certain it is safe, if problems are found.
Water Quality Report
Our Consumer Confidence Report is an annual water quality report that provides important information about your drinking water. Both the EPA and the IDEQ require water suppliers to mail this document to customers on an annual basis.
Read more about your water quality in our annual Water Quality Report.
Fluoride and your Water
Fluoride is a naturally-occurring element in the Boise area. United Water Idaho does not add supplemental fluoride to its water. For a map of the levels of naturally-occurring fluoride in your area click here.