Our top priorities are to provide you with a sure supply of high quality water and excellent service. Whenever you have a question about your water, your service or your bill, please feel free to contact us. We're here to help!
Communities We Serve
More than 110,000 people throughout Brandywine Hundred, Claymont, Bellefonte, Bellevue, Arden, Newport, Christiana, Red Lion, White Clay Hundred, Pencader Hundred, and North St. Georges, depend upon United Water for clean, safe water.
Customer Bill of Rights
Providing you with quality water and quality service is the most important work we do. We want to help you understand your rights as a United Water customer. These rights are legally covered by the
Delaware Public Service Commission (PSC)
Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission (PUC)
as well as by various other rules. These state agencies regulate the way we do business.
As a United Water Delaware residential customer, you have the following rights:
- The right to receive water which meets federal and state quality standards.
- The right to have the service line from the water main up to your property line repaired or replaced if necessary. We will secure permits, excavate, replace lines, restore lawns, repair sidewalks, and repave the street, if it is needed.
- The right to clear, understandable bills.
- The right to have your water meter tested for accuracy (in some cases charges may apply for meter testing).
- The right to avoid service disconnection for disputed bills.
- The right to prompt response to your questions or concerns.
- The right to courteous service.
Customer Service Center
2000 First State Boulevard
First State Industrial Park
P.O. Box 6508
Wilmington, DE 19804-0508
Phone: 302 633 5900 (Delaware)
Fax: 302 633 5921
After Hours Emergencies:
302 633 5900
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Although we work hard to give you the best service we can, there may come a time when you have a service problem. If you are a United Water Delaware customer and you have a question or a complaint, call one of our Customer Service Representatives at 302 633 5900.
In most cases, one of our Customer Service Representatives will be able to act on your complaint. If for some reason, your complaint is not handled to your satisfaction, then you may appeal to the Customer Service Manager. Should you still be dissatisfied and want further assistance you may contact the
Delaware Public Service Commission at 1 800 282 8574 or the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission at 1 800 282 1110.